Download: Download PDPA Policy in PDF
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) which came into effect on 15th November 2013 is aim to regulate the processing of personal information in commercial transaction and to safeguard the interest of individuals.
This PDPA notice is issued to all our immediate and/or prospective customers, suppliers and employees and explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with PDPA.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with Bertam Properties Sdn Bhd and/or any its the subsidiaries (“BPSB”), you may be requested to provide your personal data (“Personal Data”) to enable us engage into commercial transaction or to communicate with you and to deliver to you the necessary notices on the services and/or products related to our business. They may also combine with other information in order to improve BPSB’s products and services.
We may collect a variety of your Personal Data, from yourself and may be from other available sources in respect of which you have consented and/or where not otherwise restricted. The Personal Data collected may include but not limited to your:-
- Identity card number;
- Marital Status;
- Race ;
- Postal address;
- Telephone and fax number;
- Email address;
- Medical information;
- Contact preference;
- Personal bank account information;
- Credit card information; and
- Employer’s information.
The list may include other Personal Data depending on the nature of dealings or transactions.
Purpose of Collection and Disclosure of Personal Data
We collect the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To assess and evaluate your requirements for services offered by us;
- To deliver notices, emails, letters or telecommunication means (telephone calls, SMS messages or social chat applications) or internet social media on our services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- To maintain our record of our customers and prospective customers for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, market research and for our internal record keeping;
- To prepare and execute the necessary agreement and/or contract with you;
- To assess and investigate the credit, financial background as and when deemed necessary;
- To prevent crime (including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering);
- To evaluate and process your application under any of our programme or any job application;
- To share your Personal Data with third party and to comply with any legal or regulation requirements relating to our provision of services and/or products and to make the necessary disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court-order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- For such other purposes which you have consented; and
- For all other purposes in relation to or incidental to the above.
The Personal Data collected will be retained by us for the duration permitted/required under Malaysian law, which may extend to periods after termination of your contractual relationship with us.
You Have Right To Access And Update Your Information
You have the right to:
- make any inquiries or complaint or request access or correction of the Personal Data;
- communicate to us your objection to the use of the Personal Data for any reasonable purposes;
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent, subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and reasonable time period.
You may request for access to your Personal Data for any complaint or correction by submitting a written request to us through:
BERTAM PROPERTIES SDN BHD,
Customer Service Unit,
Sales & Marketing Department,
No. 1, Jalan Dagangan 1, Pusat Bandar Bertam Perdana,
13200 Kepala Batas, Seb Perai Utara, P.Pinang.
Tel: 04-578 2021 Fax: 04-575 9364
Administrative charge may be imposed for any request under item 4(a) and 4(b) above. However, we reserve the right to decline to process request that are unreasonably repetitive, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law.
Consequences of Refusal / Failure to Provide Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us are wholly voluntary in nature and failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- The inability of parties to formalize any contract and/or agreement and/or transaction in relation to our property, products and/or services, to facilitate construction or to hire human resource;
- The inability for us to provide you with the information, notices, services and/or products requested;
- The inability to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and/or codes applicable to us.
Security and Protection of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential and BPSB takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction.
Under certain circumstances, it may be required to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. Third parties to whom your Personal Data may be disclosed by us are as follows:-
- Any persons directed or consented to by you;
- A party whom disclosure is provided for under law or required by an authority;
- Our data processors i.e. third party who we engage to process personal data on our behalf including but not limited to archival storage, data entry service providers, banks and financial institutions etc;
- Auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or advisors; and
- Any person to whom disclosure is, in our estimation, necessary and/or reasonable in the circumstances
- The accuracy and completeness of your Personal Data is dependent on the information provided. We will assume that the information provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless informed otherwise.
- Where any third party information is provided to us including but not limited to employer, colleagues, family information, it is our assumption that such information is accurate, up to date and complete and that you have obtained the necessary consent to disclose the same.
In accordance to Section 7(3) Personal Data Protection Act 2010, this Notice is issued in both Bahasa Malaysia and English languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language version of this notice shall prevail.
Changes to this Notice
BPSB reserves the right to update and amend this notice from time to time to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and legislations as well as our business operations or policies. Any changes will be posted on our website from time to time.